twitter

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is Kirsten = Kristen?

My name is KIRSTEN N. VILLALOBOS, it's K-I-R-S-T-E-N.
However, people often mispronounce or misspell my name as KRISTEN.
When I was younger, I insist on correcting people whenever they mispronounce my name and won't stop until they say it right. But as I grew older, I learn to accept simple mistakes and realized that these mistakes make my name more special :) Recently, I tried to gather "proofs" of my new name haha.

Visitor's ID I wore at the FOOD BAZAAR in World Trade Center

Receipt for Lab exam during enrollment.

My name plate.
This one I got it corrected but the school year is about to end and I still don't have my corrected name plate. 

LBC Money Transfer receipt. I actually told the consignee that my name's misspelled so she should also write the misspelled name. One time when I was the consignee and they got my name misspelled, I can't claim the money so I called them to change my name in that LBC branch. Hassle.

 This is from my brother's scrapbook project. It says "...my mom took this picture together with my sister KRISTEN." Even my brother got it wrong!

Well, I did some Google-ing and found out that KIRSTEN (which means "anointed, follower of Christ") 
used in Scandinavia is the same as KRISTEN when used in Germany. 
And they both mean the same thing! Also, I found this survey and laughed.
Photo: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/suitability_of_Kirsten.html

Looks like it's not much of a big deal after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search Engine Submission - AddMe