twitter

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The V Day

With two quizzes, 3 laboratory sessions, and lecture, who can feel Valentine's Day???


Since I am craving for Happy Lemon since yesterday, and with the celebrating spirit I have after all the studying, J and I decided to have a little food adventure. Because I won an online contest, she promised to buy me a large Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese as a prize (since the prize from that contest is actually for my mom) so there should be a Happy Lemon branch where we will dine. Nearest to our place is Trinoma. Well, I wanted to go "somewhere else" and one secret dream I have is to see Eastwood. I lived in the South until med school so exploring the North is new to me. Considering J worked IN Eastwood for many months and she hasn't shown me the place YET, she felt somewhat obliged to bring me there, and now is the perfect time! (meaning all exams done, no exam the following day: a very rare opportunity) :)

First, I never knew Valentine's Day will bring SO MUCH TRAFFIC and cost me most of my precious and curfew-bounded time! I almost regret asking J to bring me there. Thanks to my (recent) favorite wedge, I fell okay deep inside (and underneath my feet :D). I researched that Happy Lemon is on the 2nd floor of Eastwood Mall. Whenever I will go somewhere, I research on it. Almost everything about it. Sometimes I even have a sketched map of the place and take note of their "bestsellers". 

J practically gave me a quick tour of the place which is very nice and packed since it's almost dinner time. Upon entering the Mall, we found out that Happy Lemon is actually on the 4th floor. And it's beside Starbucks! We originally planned to grab my HL drink and J will get coffee (I don't really know why she has cravings for SB considering she's not even a regular coffee drinker). But because the traffic caused us to arrive later than planned and we're hungry already, we looked for a resto around the place. 

Eastwood isn't a cheap place and one more thing, I LEFT MY WALLET!

We went to the Mall Directory and searched a restaurant. Well, here's my thing, I never go somewhere to eat UNPREPARED! I never go in a resto and not have a clue on what they have and how much will it cost me. Never, until today. J, on the other hand, ALWAYS wanted to live in surprises, take in what life will throw you and savor the moment. I can't make her understand that eenie-meenie-my-NEMO isn't enough.

I end up clicking Jap OK! since, (1) it's Japanese and (2) it's OK. hahaha. I saw one of its branches in Star Mall across Shang EDSA and thought it may be covered by the money in my Angry Birds coin purse (how embarrassing!). As we walked towards the other side of Eastwood, we came across some restos I am familiar with but I know we can't afford (heart-breaking!). And then we saw Stackers Burger and Cafe. I heard it from a friend and she said it's the best burger. Luckily my Angry Birds coin purse has enough money to buy us a meal for two (hallelujah!). Will write about the food and experience in Stackers soon. After eating, we stroll some more and found out MORE food selections and MORE affordable places to eat inside Eastwood. Also, we found some food haul: Frugurt and Spamu. As crazy as their names, it's a crazy discovery for me too. :D

There were more unfortunate things that happened after that but will not bother me anymore because I had the most tiring, nerve-wracking, embarrassing and reflecting food adventure ever. It's definitely a V Day: my Victorious Day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search Engine Submission - AddMe